Cousin Sal’s Sure Thing started off the season going 1-2-0 (-$1550). He quickly got into the self-deprecating humor by reading some of the Facebook comments from last week’s recap show. It seems way too early to start making fun of yourself to draw attention away from the picks. That is the sort of thing you keep in your back pocket for your first extended losing streak. Here are Cousin Sal’s NFL Picks for Week 2.
Cousin Sal NFL Picks
Pittsburgh Steelers (-3.5) vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Cousin Sal has placed $770 to win $700 on the Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5:
- Bengals have averaged under 16 points per game over the last 12 vs. PIT.
- Pittsburgh put up 431 yards last week against Washington.
- Antonio Brown is the most unstoppable player in the game.
New Orleans Saints (+4.5) at New York Giants
Cousin Sal has risked $880 to win $800 on the New Orleans Saints +4.5:
- Drew Brees had over 500 yards in a game against the Giants last season.
- New York’s defense only looked “okay” against a weak Cowboys’ offense last week.
- New Orleans is 5-1 against the spread in their last 6 games as an underdog.
- New Orleans is 8-3 in their last 11 road games.
Best Bet: Carolina Panthers (-13) vs. San Francisco 49ers
Cousin Sal has risked $1540 to win $1400 on the Carolina Panthers -13:
- He is not buying into the 49ers performance against the Rams last week.
- Says they did the same thing against the Vikings in their opener last year and still had a bad season.
- Carolina’s coach Ron Rivera will have 10 days to prepare for this game.
- 49ers are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a road underdog.
- San Francisco have to travel across the country.
Cousin Sal Fantasy Advice
Fantasy Gem: Vincent Jackson
Cousin Sal has claimed Vincent Jackson as his Week 2 fantasy gem for the following reasons:
- Despite only catching two passes in Week 1 he will be matched up against Brandon Williams who had a bad game against the Patriots.
- Vincent Jackson is too physical for the Cardinals’ struggling corners.
Fantasy Bust: Russell Wilson
Cousin Sal’s fantasy bust for Week 2 is Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson.
- Wilson might be suffering from an ankle injury.
- Rams sacked Wilson 10 times last season and picked him off twice.
Cousin Sal Record
- Week 1: Tennessee Titans +2 (-$770)
- Week 1: Detroit Lions +3.5 (+$1200)
- Week 1: Chicago Bears +6 (-$1980)
- Week 2: Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5 ($770)
- Week 2: New Orleans Saints +4.5 ($880)
- Week 2: Carolina Panthers -13 ($1540)